The campaign starts in the last half of the tribulation and culminates when Christ returns to deliver Jerusalem.
I. THE TIME
1. The Day of the Lord (Zechariah 14:1) and the second coming (Zechariah 14:5).
2. When all nations
are gathered in Armageddon (Revelation 16:14-16) and when
Christ returns with the saints (Revelation 19:11-21).
2. The valley of Jehoshaphat (Joel 3:2, 12). This is the name of a deep ravine outside Jerusalem, separating the holy city from the mount of Olives. It was not called such until the fourth century after Christ. It can read in the Hebrew “The Valley of Jehovah’s judgment.”
3. Valley of passengers (Ezekiel 39:11). Probably the same area now called the valley of Johoshaphat.
4. Edom and Idumea (Isaiah 34:1-6; 63:2-6). This is south of Jerusalem.
5. The mountains of Israel (Ezekiel 39:2-6).
6. Jerusalem is to be the center of conflict (Zechariah 14:2).
7. It will take in the whole land of Palestine (Ezekiel 38:9, 16; Revelation 14:20).
III. THE PARTICIPANTS IN THE CAMPAIGN
1. The invaders of Palestine
(1) The northern confederacy (Ezekiel 38:1-12). Gog is the ruler of Magog (Russia), Mesheck and Tubal (Moscow and Tobalski), Persia (changed to Iran in 1935), Ethopia (Sudan), Libya, Gomer (Germany), Togarmah (Turkey), and many people (Poland, Romania, Czechoslovakia, etc.).
(2) The kings of the east (Revelation 16:12). This points to Japan, China, Korea, India, and surrounding countries.
(3) The king of the south (Daniel 11:40). This is Egypt and other Arab nations.
2. The allies of Palestine
(1) The ten kingdom, of federated nations under the Beast (Daniel 2:40-45; 7:23-27; Revelation 13:1-10; 17:13). Antichrist will make a covenant to protect Israel (Daniel 9:27).
(2) Other nations will protest and maybe help (Ezekiel 38:13).
the farthest limits of the western world as known to the Hebrews. This
is Great Britain, the old lion with the young lions such as the United
States, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, etc. which came out of the
Empire. Sheba and Dedan are Iraq and Saudi Arabia.
2. The King of the revived Roman Empire comes to defend Israel, a province of his kingdom (Daniel 11:40-44).
3. The northern, eastern, and southern confederacies invade Palestine (Ezekiel 38:14-16; Zechariah 12:2-3; 14:2).
4. It appears all hope for Israel is lost (Zechariah 14:2), and then Christ comes with all the saints and the angels (Zechariah 14:3-9; Revelation 19:11-16; Ezekiel 38:18-23).
5. Antichrist is destroyed (Daniel 7:11; II Thessalonians 2:8; Revelation 19:19-20).
6, The great slaughter (Revelation 14:20; Isaiah 63:1-6; Ezekiel 39:8-15; Revelation 19:15, 21).
7. The fowls eat the fools (Ezekiel 39:17-22; Revelation
This is the last war of the “times of the Gentiles” and it ends with the smiting stone of Daniel 2:35 ushering in the 1,000 year reign of Christ.
Return To O. B. Mink Page
Return To PBC Home